Monday, February 7, 2011

Liz's blogspot


Nate, Bonnie and Gene are gearing up for a late afternoon dive so I thought I would take some time to write about what we ahve seen thusfar. The picture with this post is the view from where I sit right now. It's a balmy 84 degrees with a 10 mph wind. The sun is slowly setting and I am all alone on the beach.

Today started with a great dive/snorkel for the group. Lots of fish to chase and be chased by. I made friends with two box fish and a blue tang, but clearly was invading the territory of a French Angel Fish. Let's just say that she was bigger than my dinner plates and was slightly intimidating when she continuously charged me (I have a picture, that I will post next, of her coming at me). My initial reaction was one of peace but as she buzzed passed me I quickly swam back to the safety of my group. For folks who don't know, I'm a big chicken in the water but am getting more comfortable with each passing day. I made better friends with the grouper under the dock as I became an object under which they could hide and swim alongside.

After we reemerged we went into town (Kralendikj) for lunch at a favorite spot along the water. Enjoyed some shopping and picked up some reserve snacks and coffee from the local market. Fresh limes, 28 cents a piece! Also a nice side note, markets here do not provide grocery bags, instead folks bring their own reuseable ones to the store, what a concept :)

Tonight will bring happy hour at the resort. Rum punch and blended drinks for the taking. Maybe a dip in the pool... Tomorrow will bring a day of adventure diving for Nate and his folks with a local dive company and an outing for me to practice my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment