Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The night before the trip and all through the house...

So it's 10:30 pm and we'll be on the road to the airport in 4 1/2 short hours... sleep would be good but I'm far too excited for that so I decided to write my first post. There is something about travelling that has always kept me up in wide-eyed anticipation. It didn't matter where I would be heading too - just the thought of being able to go away was enough. So now that I'm heading to a place that I've never been, sleep is just a dream. Maybe counting suitcases and pairs of packed socks will help me to drift off...

Well seriously folks, our first flight leaves Hartford at 6:00am and we will arrive in Bonaire sometime around 11:00pm (with layovers in both DC and Aruba). After a brief rest we'll write our official greeting from island paradise (should internet on a small desert island be willing) sometime on the 22nd.

1 comment: